State Business Tax Rankings
2018 State Business Tax Burden Rankings Report
The experts at Anderson Economic Group have considered 11 taxes that businesses pay in order to produce the most comprehensive business tax burden ranking to date. To understand the burden taxes place on businesses in each state, we go beyond the amount of tax revenue governments collect and analyze how taxes paid by businesses compare to income available to pay the tax. Using the most recent fiscal year data available, 2016, we have used taxes paid as share of profits, as this measure directly compares taxes paid to business income available to pay the tax.
The report shows Oklahoma, Oregon, and North Carolina in the top three with the lowest burdens, and Vermont, Maine, and North Dakota at the bottom with the highest burdens. In addition, Colorado and Montana saw the largest relative drop in tax burden from 2015 to 2016.
Download Previous Years:
- 2017 State Business Tax Burden Rankings
- 2016 State Business Tax Burden Rankings
- 2015 State Business Tax Burden Rankings
- 2014 State Business Tax Burden Rankings
- 2013 State Business Tax Burden Rankings
- 2008 State Business Tax Burden Rankings
- 2007 State Business Tax Burden Rankings
- Benchmarking for Success: A Comparison of State Business Taxes
For inquiries, please feel free to get in touch.
Media mentions & related items
Anderson Economic Group Consultants are real people analyzing real world data.
We work one on one with you to identify unique challenges and apply industry expertise to solve your most complex business problems.